So last night, Lucifer‘s penultimate episode of its third season aired and I have a lot of feelings about it. If you missed it, first off, how could you? Especially now when the show really needs the ratings because they’re still in TV limbo. We still don’t know if they’ll get renewed for a fourth season but we do know it’ll rely heavily on their viewership. Regardless, I’ve already written a full recap and review on MFST that you can check out. But here are more of my thoughts.
- All the Deckerstar moments.
- Charlotte’s hell loop. The way they showed it with the guy’s face changing was pretty cool. Plus, it was so sweet that Dan replaced her ex-husband.
- All the girls working together on both the murder cases. We really need more girl love on this show, in my opinion. The bachelorette party from last week’s episode was a great start. Especially since they’ve never included Charlotte in their “tribe”, but I need more girls nights
- Ella’s “I’m a little devil” shirt.
- Dan and his waffle obsession.
- Dan and Charlotte being all happy and lovey-dovey.
- Amenadiel looking all cleaned up in that nice suit.
- Maze changing her mind about killing Amenadiel.
- Maze hesitating because Pierce mentions Linda. I’m still holding out hope for #Laze to conquer over #Lindamiel (sorry not sorry).
- The Deckerstar moment on the balcony. Chloe telling Lucifer he’s not hte devil to her literally made me so happy inside.
- Charlotte’s redemption
- Amenadiel’s wings come back.
- Amenadiel literally carrying Charlotte to heaven. Especially since he said he didn’t have the power to do that.
- Charlotte’s kids. If they were going to kill her off, she should’ve at least gotten to see them again. I mean, I’m assuming it’s been a while since she’s seen them last.
- There wasn’t enough Ella or Dr. Linda in this episode. They’ve become smaller side characters but Ella’s a great comic relief. And while Linda’s scenes have always been short, they’ve always been impactful. Especially in these last few episodes.
- It’s weird that Pierce suddenly wants his mark back. He’s been wanting to die for literal centuries. And has been doing everything he can think of to try to kill himself.
The Death of Charlotte Richards
- Why did Charlotte need to die for her and Amenadiel’s redemption arcs? I loved Charlotte and I’ve become such a big Tricia Helfer fan because of this show. Now, I’m jsut sad to see her leave. That is, unless there’s another twist in next week’s episode that somehow brings her back again. But I honestly doubt it. If this is the end of Charlotte, I love that this is how she goes out. Charlotte finally gets redeemed and goes to Heaven. And that’s really all we really wanted for her. But if Pierce doesn’t die or at least get convicted for killing Charlotte, I’ll be angry. And I know I won’t be the only one who feels that way.
- Poor Dan. He’s already gone through so much and is finally happy with Charlotte. He even got Charlotte a waffle maker and a waffle necklace. But it doesn’t seem to matter because he loses her an episode later. #DanDeservesBetter.
I still have a lot of questions about this episode, which I’m sure will be answered in next week’s finale. But there were also some that are honestly just some plot holes I noticed while watching the episode and will therefore probably not be addressed because there are more important things the show needs to get through first.
The biggest questions that I’m still bothered by though are the ones that reveal some plot holes that the writers forgot about or didn’t bother addressing. Mostly because they were really pushing Charlotte and Amenadiel’s redemption arc. That and Lucifer and Chloe’s relationship progressing. But for true fans like yours truly, I need answers.
Questions I Still Need Anwers To
- Didn’t Charlotte have two sons? Not a son and a daughter? (No, I don’t mean Lucifer and Amenadiel, lol) Or maybe I just remember the one son from that scene back in season two. You know, the scene where Maze barks at him.
- Are we just never seeing Charlotte’s husband ever again? I get that they’re divorced and Charlotte doesn’t have custody of the kids. But surely, we’ll see him and the kids for her funeral, right? Assuming that they’ll even show Charlotte’s funeral.
- Why does Pierce all of a sudden not want to die anymore? He’s spent almost the entire season wanting to die. Not to mention he wanted to die long before that. Now, all of a suddne, he doesn’t. Is it really just because he can’t marry Chloe? It was already a long shot and out of character for Chloe to say yes in the first place but it still doesn’t make sense. So, why does he already want his mark back? This new development just happened too quick, in my opinion.
- Weren’t Charlotte and Ben Wheeler having an affair before she died? And last time we saw Ben, he was devastated (over Charlotte’s possible death). Before, he was super sensitive but he seems to be completely over that. Now, he’s tough and stoic, and I’m Charlotte was the same way before Mom inhabited her body. But are the writers really not going to address their relationship?
- What’s going to happen to Maze? Is she going to be okay after Pierce hits her with the tranquilizer? But that question will probably be answered in next week’s episode
- Is Amenadiel coming back? We see him fly “home” to heaven with Charlotte (or technically, her soul). But is he going to come back? And if he’s coming back, will he be the one going after Pierce?
Anyways, that’s all my thoughts on last night’s episode of Lucifer? Comment down below or tweet me, send me a message on Tumblr, or comment on one of my Instagram posts, @mzsnguyenthai for all of my social media platforms. Don’t forget to watch the finale episode next week on FOX at 9/8c and to spread the word on social media: #RenewLucifer