As a newer segment on WhatSamWatches, I’ll be rewatching shows and movies just because I feel like it. The first time I watched Nikita, it’d already gone off the air. But I distinctly remember seeing the promos when I watched Smallville. So when I saw it in my Netflix recommendations, I knew I had to watch it. It’s been a while since then so I decided why not rewatch it? So now I’m binging the show from the beginning all over again. Last time, I watched the fourth episode so now I’m onto the fifth episode of Nikita.
- I forgot that they introduced Owen so early on in the show.
- It seems like it was just bad luck that this bank just so happened to get robbed today.
- Those black boxes definitely mean a lot more to Percy than some operation in Pakistan. Even if it did take them three weeks to plan it.
- Percy going out into the field at is odd, so it makes sense that everyone’s questioning him at the moment.
- Well, it didn’t take long for everyone to figure out the bystander from the robbery is Division.
- It’s Stan Lee! I don’t know why he guest starred on Nikita but I’m always happy to see him. RIP.
- I guess local PD isn’t so bad after all. They already ID’d Owen. At least they didn’t patronize local PD, which I feel like a lot of shows do sometimes. Especially if the show’s centered around a higher level of law enforcement.
- I forgot about the whole butterfly thing with Owen.
- Nikita’s ruse of getting Owen’s phone location is great.
- “I am the only one who can save Owen” – that’s a big claim but if I were to trust someone with my life, it’d be Nikita.
Percy Goes Into the Field
- Poor Owen. He’s been so loyal to Percy and Division and Percy just wants to kill him. And why?
- Actually, poor Emily. She was just an innocent in all of this.
- Well, at least Owen was smart enough to answer his phone. Although, it’s odd that he didn’t see all the shooters around.
- I forgot how fast Emily dies. She didn’t even have much of a chance to react.
- It’s interesting that Michael and Birkhoff listened in on Percy and Nikita’s call and Percy largely could care less about it.
- Even though Percy’s the head of division, his combat skills don’t seem all that impressive. All he has is a gun. Without it, he’s kind of hopeless.
Alex Breaks Into Percy’s Office
- For someone who’s usually better at sneaking around, that wasn’t very discreet. Alex really just hastily put something in her pocket and ran off.
- Breaking into Percy’s office is a bold move.
- Oof, and she left her fingerprint thing on the table. But at least she got it.
- How is it that Michael figures out what Percy’s doing by a serial number? Out of everything else, the random number is what sets him off?
- At least Thom was nice enough to keep her secret.
- Birkhoff seems very easy to trick. Just feed into his cockiness and it’s as easy as that.
- I can’t believe Birkhoff tried to pin the breaking into Percy’s office on a recruit. I mean, Alex did actually break in but they don’t know that.
- Thom’s the sweetest. Too bad they never really explored his and Alex’s romance that much.
The Black Boxes
- I’ve gotta admit, the whole idea of the black boxes is kind of genius. Evil, but still genius. It ensures that people won’t go after Percy or anyone else at Division.
- Love that Owen already gave Nikita the black box.
- There’s no way Nikita’s actually going to give Percy a black box.
- I love that this episode is the start of Nikita and Owen’s partnership.