As a newer segment on WhatSamWatches, I’ll be rewatching shows and movies just because I feel like it. The first time I watched Nikita, it’d already gone off the air. But I distinctly remember seeing the promos when I watched Smallville. So when I saw it in my Netflix recommendations, I knew I had to watch it. It’s been a while since then so I decided why not rewatch it? So now I’m binging the show from the beginning all over again. Last time, I watched the fifth episode so now I’m onto the sixth episode of Nikita.
- Nikita really just brought Alex to her grave. She couldn’t just tell her a normal person, could she?
- I know the shorter hairdo is supposed to help differentiate between the present and past but it is not doing Lyndsy Fonseca (Alex) any favors. But her response to learning a little bit about who killed her parents is valid.
- So Percy really doesn’t care that Michael broke into his office?
- I love how even Percy knows there’s a little something between Michael and Nikita. But he was definitely being cocky assuming that Nikita died.
Nikita and Alex’s Past
- There it is: the origin story of Nikita and Alex. I love that Alex was the first anti-Division action Nikita took.
- Well, if Alex actually left it alone after NIkita gave her the money and the fake ID, she could’ve lived a normal life. She obviously had a traumatic past but she’s young enough to turn it all around if she wanted to.
- I love that Nikita left the door unlocked for Alex.
- So Nikita wants Alex’s help to take down Division but she just wanted her to basically be her handler? She didn’t really think Alex would just accept that, did she? Division killed her parents. Alex isn’t going to just sit back and let Nikita do all the fighting.
Alex’s Divison Test
- Electric shock seems tortorous. No wonder Alex couldn’t go through with it.
- An ambush with the transport vehicle is definitely an interesting and intense way of testing people.
- They’re really bringing back the electric shock.
- Not surprised the other prisoner is also a Division agent.
- I love how Alex is just telling him the truth and everyone else just thinks she’s playing a clever angle.
- Did Amanda and Birkhoff know that this test was also for Michael? I assume Birkhoff didn’t because his clearance level isn’t nearly as high but I suspect Amanda knew. She was just too calm about the whole situation. However, I will admit Percy definitely sold the act.
- Even Percy can tell how close Michael’s getting to Alex. Granted, Alex probably reminds him of Nikita, but still.
- I’d be angry too if I were Alex.
Nikita and Owen
- Owen’s not great at just saying thanks for saving my life, is he? I know he’s not happy about being handcuffed but I don’t blame Nikita.
- “Do you know how hard it is to have a conversation with you?” is the most accurate thing to say when it comes to Owen.
- Daniel doesn’t sound all that interesting, to be honest. I still feel for Nikita, but he’s not as great as Michael. Then again, we never really learn all that much about him in general.
- I remember Owen’s not really Owen, that they gave him a new identity and story somehow. So I wonder if he was actually a cleaner or if those memories were just put in his mind.
- Percy’s really watching this interrogation like it’s a movie.
- I don’t generally make it a habit to say this but Percy’s right. What was the agent doing in there with a loaded weapon if this was just supposed to be a test?
- Owen killed Daniel. I actually remember this scene. I’m glad that Owen told her the truth though. He didn’t have to but he did. I respect him for that.
Alex Calls for Help
- Even though Nikita and Alex have been super careful thus far, it’s nice that Alex has an emergency number she can call.
- It didn’t take long for Nikita to figure out it was just some DIvision test.
- I’m glad Nikita comes to get Alex anyway. It doesn’t really matter that Division’s probably going to find her anyway.
- Nikita could really care less about Owen watching her change.
- That was a close call. I don’t think Nikita and Alex have ever gotten that close to getting caught before.
- I’m wondering if the writers were trying to tease a possible romance between Michael and Alex. I think it’s clear that everyone knows how much Michael cares about the recruits. It’s always about making sure they’re okay for him and he seems to have a habit of getting too close to them. I’ve always seen Michael as more of a fatherly figure to Alex and Nikita as a maternal figure to her as well. But even I have to admit seeing Michael and Alex as a teased romance would’ve been interesting if the writers actually tried to go for that angle. But part of why I love Michael and Nikita’s love story is because they never had other love interests. Not really, anyway. So I’m ultimately glad they didn’t.